Friday, January 21, 2011

RDW... New wheels?

According to the scale, I've lost 6 pounds in the last two weeks.
It doesn't make me feel very productive at all.
Granted, I'm probably one of the most impatient people you'll ever meet.

I most certainly feel stronger.
Several of the Vets told me I brought it at practice, and that I was looking good.
One of the Ozarks Derby Brigade boys told me I have good hits. THAT I will take as a huge compliment and run with it... (even if he may be a little biased because he thinks I'm like.. totally adorable ;D (Saved! reference, anyone? lol))

I got my first big girl derby bruise.
I took a skate to the thigh.
My own skate, if I'm being honest. lol
And I don't bruise.. so having one says a lot about the fall I took.
Shrug. I was playing Queen of the Rink with the boys.
Mancheeta got lucky.

I don't really have much else to add currently, except that I have had the worst craving for ice cream in the last few days. It's AWFUL.
I had a cup of sherbert one evening- it was delightful.
But it's not a giant cup of OrangeLeaf frozen yogurt with fresh berries and gummy worms on top.

A few thoughts, though...

I don't do the Facebook prescribed workouts.
I have practice, the video and an aerobic dance class.
Is anyone else going off script at all? Even in the diet?
Sometimes I feel like certain meals are tiny, and others are gigantic and I can't finish them.
Am I alone in this?


In other derby related news. I'm in the market for new wheels. (I decided on Snyder toe stops over Gumballs. But size of snyder toe stops... Maybe large? Medium? Has anyone tried the Snyders?)
Which leads me to- What kind of wheels do you use right now? If you could buy your wish-list wheels, what would they be and why?

We skate primarily on a beautiful wood floor in our rink. It's extremely slick right now because of the weather and snow and fact that Ted turns the heat off during practice. However, the floor is being re-lacquered in a few months time, which makes it super sticky.
I'm currently rolling on Demon Radars, which was okay when I first started, but I think it's time to upgrade since my Training Class and I just had our 6 Month birthday/anniversary.
Thoughts? I'd love to hear from any of you!

xox.

No comments:

Post a Comment