Monday, August 30, 2010

I always get the best inspiration to write when I'm at work.
Which sucks, because I can't just stop and write at work- I'd get in trouble.

I had some of the best and beautiful thoughts... but they were so fleeting, as I cannot remember them now.

I miss writing a lot.
I miss writing poetry, and essays and letters...
Now that I have time for myself, and not to worry about someone else who can't take care of themselves, I'm going to write again.
And I'm going to be crafty again.
Because I can and I enjoy it.

I write. It's what I do.
It's one of my outlets.
And I'll be damned if I don't keep writing this time.

This time around will be different.
I am worth more than dating any random guy.
Someday, I will be treasured and cherished and loved the way I'm supposed to be.
I will meet someone who will show me how I'm supposed to be loved.

And I will still have free time to write and be crafty.
I will still have time for me, and he won't let me forget that I am important, too.

It's a dream right now. But that's fine.
I am content and I am happy as I am- without a man, and the next time, i want it to be the real time. The one time.
The infinite time.
I want an affair that could be written in the stars, that could be published in a thousand different books because our love is so perfect and beautiful.

And mostly?
I want to be fabulous and perfectly imperfect and I want to continue to love me the way I am.
With or without someone.
Because I am wonderful. And I am smart. And I am beautiful. And I am talented. And I don't need affirmation from anyone but myself.




"The King Of Wishful Thinking"
(feat. Patrick Stump of Fall Out Boy)

[From the movie "Pretty Woman"]
[Originally by Go West]

I don't need to fall at your feet
Just cause you cut me to the bone
And I won't miss the way that you kiss me
We were never carved in stone

And If I don't listen to the talk of the town
Then maybe I can fool myself
I'll get over you I know I will
I'll pretend my ships not sinking
And I'll tell myself I'm over you
Because I am the king of wishful thinking
Because I am the king of wishful thinking

I refuse to give into my blues
That's not how its gonna be
And I deny the tears in my eyes
I don't wanna let you see, no

That you had made a hole in my heart
And now I've got to fool myself
I'll get over you I know I will
I'll pretend my ships not sinking
And I'll tell myself I'm over you

Because I am the king of wishful thinking
I'll get over you I know I will
I'll pretend my ships not sinking
And I'll tell myself I'm over you
Because I'm the king of wishful thinking

If I don't listen to the talk of the town
Then maybe I can fool myself
I'll get over you I know I will
I'll pretend my ships not sinking
And I'll tell myself I'm over you
Because I'm the king of wishful thinking
I am the king of wishful thinking
I'll get over you I know I will
You made a whole in my heart
But I won't shed a tear for you
I'll be the king of wishful thinking
(I'll be the king of wishful)

I'll get over you I know I will
I'll pretend my hearts still beating
Cause I've got no more tears for you
I am the king of wishful thinking
(king of wishful thinking) no

No comments:

Post a Comment