Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I haven't updated in a long, long time. Whoops.

Basically, here's short run down.

I passed my derby skills tests. because I'm awesome.
However, I'm pretty sure I pulled my groin... because 2 weeks later, it still hurts a bit.
BUT. I can finally skate on the vet track, and that's very very exciting.
(This means I still need to look into insurance, though, so I can skate hard...)

My Gramma passed away.
It was rough. Tiff and I had to pick out casket flowers and beg my mom not to put her in a dress we hate...
It was strange, uncharted territory...
But, my brother Jason and I seemed to get closer, which I pretty stellar, I think.

What else...
I missed a week of classes because I was home doing funeral stuffs.
I missed a test.
I had a test yesterday.
I have another Thursday.
An orchestra concert tonight.
Derby Thursday night.
Work MWFS...
Busy busy.

I still miss that retarded boy. I hate when he shows up at my bar, but it's a free country and he can do whatever he wants.
So, I dance the night away and forget he exists.

My friends have been a little strange lately...
As in, nonexistent.
All last week, I only heard from derby girls and the roommate.
And maybe it's because they don't know what to say to someone who's grieving.
But at the same time... that's stupid. Because we're adults.
So, I guess that just kind of hurt my feelings.
Even that boy texted me... but my "besties" didn't.
It just sucks, and I'm being a whiner.

Hmm.
I don't think I have anything else.
Except maybe a crush or two on some attractive men.
And let me just say, for the record, I'm glad I don't have sex.
Sometimes, yeah, it's a pain in the ass. But othertimes... I see my friends meet a guy like, twice, and then have sex with him.
I don't get that. Whatever happened to sex in relationships? Sex in marriage?
I don't know. Maybe I'm old fashioned. And that's fine too. I like who I am just fine.


And on that note... I must go shower and such for the orchestra concert tonight.
I fear my pants and shirt will be too big.
And I fear all my sore muscles will tell my black heels to go fuck themselves, because I'm so ouchie after set up and tear down of the bout, and then outdoor skating with Amy.
IcyHot? Yes. I think so.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog, and clearing me up on Sam! You girls are hardcore. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very lucky your school/teachers were understanding about your family tragedy. There is nothing worse than trying to balance school, work and grief.
    Life likes to throw as much shit at you at once as it can. Life is a dirty little asshole to be perfectly honest.
    I came out of a stressful job interview to find 8 missed calls and 6 text messages from my family telling me to call them immediately. That is how I found out my g-ma had terminal cancer. I had to pay for an extension on my distance courses because there was no way I was taking my final that week. I drove immediately home to find out my cousin's car had burst into flames on her way to a soccer game. She got out ok but it took 2 fire trucks to put it out.
    My junior year I was a total WRECK during finals week. I kept getting phone calls telling me my grandma was at the end. I had to inform all my teachers there was a chance I might have to leave for home at any second and miss my finals.
    The night after my last final I got the phone call at probably 8pm saying "get home now!". I got home just in time to see her before she passed.

    I lost her during finals week and a week before Christmas.

    Life will give you shit storms and losing loved ones will kill you over and over again... it's been 4yrs and I still get sad around Christmas and to be honest I hope I always do.


    good luck to you :-)

    ReplyDelete