Monday, April 25, 2011

Injury Fears

I've finally been rostered for my first ever game with the Battle Broads... We'll be taking on the ladies of the Circle City Socialites in Indianapolis.

I'd be lying if I said I'm not afraid.

It's the injury talking, I know, but it's still a tiny bit terrifying to will your knee to heal in 2 weeks so you can play your first ever bout against a team that you know virtually nothing about.

(I'm actually going out on a limb writing this, because I know some of the CSS ladies could end up reading this as some of them follow me on twitter and tumblr...)

ANYWAY.
I know I'm not the only one who is slightly worried. My teammates have been asking if Alice will be ready for gameplay...
My answer is that I don't know- which might be the scariest answer of all.


I am afraid that since it's my first bout, I'll play poorly, I won't block efficiently for my jammers, I won't be a good asset as a teammate...

That I'll re-injure myself because I'm playing like I'm scared.

I'll get over it, I'm sure.
But in the mean time, I'm going to sell my body (see also: plasma) so that I can buy 187 pro's before the bout at Indy.

No comments:

Post a Comment