Saturday, April 23, 2011

Frustration.

The roster for our first B team game is out.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't bitter or angry or sad about it.
I understand I'm on the injured list... I get it. I know that knee will take at least one more week of healing, if not two.
But I am itching to get my skates on and hit someone. Especially someone who is on a different team....

I know, I know... Once I'm healed and all better, I can go tear some shit up.
But right now is when I start to feel like everyone is going to progress past me... and my team is going to resent my time off when I come back and expect rostering or playing time.

No one talks about this part of injuries, because it blows and no one wants to read it.
No one wants to think about having to receive the roster email when they're not on it. No one, when they're pissed about their injury, particularily wants to be that supportive teammate who attends all the away bouts and cheers everyone on, but would rather be on skates.

I guess I'm just tired.
I drove 3 hours to KC to visit the family, I did 12 loads of laundry (give or take), watched a bunch of movies... Tomorrow I have to go to church with the parents (and have an impromptu, unwanted high school reunion with all the people who didn't and don't talk to me anyway...), then drive to Kansas to have dinner with my brother, sister in law and newphew, my parents and my sister in laws family.
I love my family, I really do... But I think I'd rather be in Springfizzle, moping about, knowing there's always someone who wants to hang out with my bad attitude for a bit, no matter what time of day.

Gross. This is all so whiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment