Sunday, October 17, 2010

Alright.
I'm done.

I've recently come to the realization that I can't control anything but myself and the things I do.
It's an important lesson, even if it took 25 years and several heartbreaks.

I can't control the way my friends act.
I can't control Nate, in any facet.
I can't control deaths and births and marriages and engagements.
I can't control the fact that I have a hole in these pants.
I can't control rude teaches who don't give me my last paycheck- even 1.5 years later.
I can't control the weather or my car's behavior/noises.
I can't control awful people. Or guys at the bar who smell like a distillery, tell me I have nice skin and buy my beer. (I ran away. I didn't want him wearing said skin.)
I can't control people who respond badly when I'm nice or friendly to them. (No, crazy metal guy downtown, I don't want to make out with you because I smiled at you. And no, guys in front of the mud lounge, just because I'm walking down the street with my homegirl, does not mean I'd like to stay and chat so you can flirt in your drunken stupor.)

But I can control me, my attitudes, my habits. And it's high time I start doing just that.

Every minute is just another minute to turn it all around- and I'm choosing this one.

So, today. I slept in, watched Grey's, ate lunch (which was tasty and healthy, btw), took a shower, and now I'm going to work.
Then after work, I'll be at Ziggie's for several hours catching up on the homework I didn't do during my awesome fall break.

I might be sad/angry/mopey, and I might not be able to control how I feel... but someday that will pass.


...this too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment