Monday, March 22, 2010


It's been a while.
Lots of things on my mind.
So I'll jot a few down.

Jordan.
Getting ready for Jordan has proved very stressful. Money is tight, time is tight... It's just a stressful time!
I need to make a list of everything I need to take care of in the next 50 days.
That's right.. 50 days.
I leave in 50 days.
That's incredible.
I never even thought this would be possible.
This whole experience has been mind boggling and a little crazy, but wonderful.
I guess I'll get on that soon, and start up my lists with my cat, my car, all my belongings going into storage, finding an apartment, putting down a deposit, finding money to pay for all of this...
I'm starting to think about writing a letter to my church at home, and people at home, and asking for donations.
I don't really like that idea, because I don't like the idea of asking for help- but I think that if my church family at home knows I'm doing "biblical archaeology", they'd be inclined to help.
It's not missions, but it's pretty awesome nonetheless.
I also need to decide if I'm deviating or not after the dig is over, because just changing my plane ticket will be $200... I need to find out how much monies I'm going to get from student loans... My trip alone is going to be about $3000.

In other news, it's time to get very serious about getting healthy.
I've started eating to my blood sugar, and it's made tremendous differences in my energy levels and my attitude, so that's wonderful.
But, just eating healthy has not made me lose any weight.
I'm super tired of my clothes fitting tight, and not being able to shop where my friends shop.
I want to feel better and look better. Losing weight is the key to both of those.
So, it's high time I get serious.
My only road block is the BF. It would be extremely helpful if he would be serious with me.
Totally sounds like an excuse when I write it out like that...
But when I hang out with the boys it's steak and beer, chips and potato salad-- all high calories and carbs and protein, protein, protein.
The BF really enjoys eating. A lot. And who can blame him, he's a 20 year old frat boy. It's what they do.
He says he's willing to eat healthy with me. But, I need real motivation to start the exercise portion of my life. I have no motivation, and I need a buddy to do it with me.
Hmm...
More thought on this part, and tomorrow, I start my food diary, and calorie/carb/sugar count.

Yes.
For now, that's all. I have a lot of homework to do! It's my goal to get As!

No comments:

Post a Comment