Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Whoops. Forgot to update....

It's been a few days. But nothing really awesome has happened to report...
I fell off the wagon a few times.
Can you blame me though? We've had FOUR snow days with no classes.
So, of course, we drank a lot and ate bad things.

HOWEVER. I guess this is pretty awesome... I dunno if anyone else has experienced this- My portion size has gotten smaller without me even noticing. AND I ate some fried zucchini/mushrooms today with, I won't lie, fries and a Monte Cristo sandwich... and then proceeded to barf because my system is no longer used to the fried business.
I guess I could count that among triumphs...

In other news... along with snow days, practice/league meeting/elections were cancelled, too.. Which is a total bummer as far as workouts go.
BUT. I've been working really hard with the video. I've stopped cheating a lot of the stuff (except planks, because they make my shoulders hurt.. but after talking to other girls, I've found a few ways to try and modify them so it doesn't hurt quite as bad). I also found a way to modify the lunges so my knees don't hurt quite so bad.. I feel like such an old woman with a falling-apart body the way things make me hurt.
Anyway. I've stopped being a puss. So, my muscles are sore. And I like it.

I've been a little discouraged because of the lack of weight loss and inches.
But my roommate said tonight "I noticed your ass and legs looked really great tonight while we were skating."
I laughed and said "Really??"
She said... "Yeah, but it could've been the jeans. Those are HOT jeans!"
(I recently bought my first pair of premiere denim. A pair of Silver jeans. Perfect in every way.)

A few of us went to session skate tonight. It was, of course, fun. I love session skating. Good pals, good times.

I'm still looking for a set of wheels to buy.
I've been told of Mojos and GRods and Lowboys and Poisons and lots of other wheels... and I still can't make a decision to save my life because currently, our floor is slicker than snot (please excuse the honky expression. lol)... BUT I know we're having it re-lacquered really soon. Which will make it sticky.

I'm not sure if I should keep skating on my rookie Radar Demons until I fall in love with a pair, or buy two pairs now with my student loan money.
Thoughts?

I'm also buying new pads. My protecs don't really protect my knees at all. (haha, pun... see what I did there? lol) So, I'm buying 187s, because they're the best. Falling on pillows is what I hear most.
I considered Smith Scabs Psycho pads because they're beautiful. But I'm not sure their sizing would work on a pear-shaped gal like myself.

Hmm. Anyway, I'm gonna go drink another gallon of water and go to sleep!

Goodnight!!
xox.

No comments:

Post a Comment