Monday, October 3, 2011

Premature D-Day + Food erotica.... Yes.

I know I said October 9 was D-Day... but we started a little early.

I worked my shift for the day, then headed to Subway since I didn't have time to go home and eat dinner before my volunteer shift at the dog shelter.
I had my usual - chicken breast on honey oat. Today I accompanied my chicken with provolone cheese, lettuce, onion, tomato, green peppers and spinach, plus vinegar and honey mustard. Delish!

Suzie slept like she does during the day - poor third shift kids!
When she was up and around she called me while I was at the dog shelter.
Our apartment flooded.
....okay, maybe that's dramatic. But the hose on the washing machine slipped off and sent water everywhere in our kitchen and hallway.
So. I left the shelter, came home, and we started working on the mess.

After that, we headed to our complex's work out room.
We spent 30 minutes doing cardio/weights- which, for me, included 10 minutes on the treadmill, 10 on the bike, and 10 doing weights for my hammies, quads, shoulders, and abs - 5 sets of 5.
**ahem... after speaking with my trainer, Mary Lou Wretched, she informed me that I need to go in with a plan! And not do whatever reps/sets I want! Good thing she's smart, otherwise, I'd end up with giant muscles! Not what I'm after. :) **
After that, spent a few (30ish?) minutes outdoor skating.
Speaking of which... dammit.. I WILL master tomahawk stops! Add that to my list of goals!!

Then we came back home for dinner.
Suzie cooked whole wheat linguine with Alfredo sauce, pan seared chicken breast and mixed vegetables.
(I hope to make chicken and black bean fajitas on whole wheat tortillas soon! With green peppers and red onions... Oy. Delicious. I mean... really. Thank GOD the roller derby workout plan included this delicious concoction.. I don't know how I've lived without it for so many years!! I hope Suzie will enjoy it as much as I do!)
And of course, we enjoyed our sodas...
Which we will be cutting back on until we stop drinking them completely.
My soda vice is not one I feel so bad about - I drink diet pepsi, and while it does have astronomical amounts of sodium, there are zero calories.

One of our primary goals is reading labels and eating things that are good fuel- not just eating to eat.
This will be a good goal for us - too many people skip over reading the labels, and that's silly. It's important to know exactly what you're putting in your body so that you feel good about your decisions, so that you know exactly the fuel that your body needs.

We also had a chat about Krissy Krash and her Derbalife packages.
Supplements are something I am interested in, but with which, I am not very familiar.
I suppose I shall cruise around the internet and read up on the pros and cons of supplements.
Then perhaps give Krissy Krash a shout and order some stuff.


PS. If you are interested in Krissy Krash and Herbalife/Derbalife, here are her contact links...
She's pretty stellar - and I would be more than happy to purchase a supplement plan from someone with 10% or less body fat.

Her Derbalife blog and her facebook are hyperlinked in the paragraph. :)



So, tomorrow since I do not work - YAY day off! - I will be sleeping in, of course... then I will enjoy the other half of my chicken smammich, get a work out in, go to Board meeting, then league meeting.. then... hanging out with mah favorite girls. :)

In the meantime, I will be unpacking moar boxes and enjoying the Food Network.


Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment