Sunday, October 2, 2011

Change is the only constant.

It's time.
I know I've blogged about it a lot, but it's time.
Time to change my habits.

The roommate, Psycho Suzie, and I will embark on quite the roommate mission...
We're going to change our eating habits and cut down/cut out the soda and start our work out schedule.

October 9 will be D-Day.

Someday, when we have the time - we will sit down and talk about the things we want to accomplish on this life change.

For now, these are my goals:
-I want my 25in5 time to be at the 4 minute mark. Or, if I'm being realistic, at least 4:30 or less. Considering the last time I tested my time was 5:58... shaving off 30 seconds would be a realistic goal.
**correction... 30 seconds is a lot of time. So, for now, I will focus on shaving off 5 second increments... Much more realistic.

-I want to get in better shape. This is not about losing a bunch of weight or wearing a two piece.
To quote a blog I fell in love with, Love and Co-Op:
All of that being said, the last thing you need to know is that I, Jessie, am a large lady. Yes, I know it's weird to hear a woman refer to herself as fat, but that I am. It used to terrify me to acknowledge my weight but it has become somewhat of a powerful "taking-it-back" kind of emotion. I also know that my fat, not my "size", is a roadblock to my derby goals. Beautifully enough, I have derby girls to look up to. Ladies with big hips, big bums and broad shoulders. Women who look like they might actually eat. Ladies that the men AND the women can't take their eyes off of. In many cases these luscious ladies are the stars of the show making sure that the other team can't get by their bodacious barricade. But they are not fat. They are muscle-y, they are ripped, they are solid but they are not fat. So, that's my goal. I love having curves and being strong. I do not love getting exhausted after half an hour at practice. My self-conscious, neurotic 16 year old self has warped into a woman who wants to maximize her ability rather than slim down. I don't care what size my dress is as long as I can do those damn 25 laps in five minuets.

Perfection. I couldn't have said it better myself. It's so true - it's not about weight. It's about feeling healthy, being fit, and achieving goals. Cheesy. But true.

-Have a more positive attitude when it comes to derby practice, speed practice, and working out. I'm done with negativity, and I want to spread a happy, positive energy to all my teammates. The only ones who can improve morale and kick more ass is US.

-I'd like to sleep on a regular basis. Harder than it sounds when you have friends who are night owls! But I'm a much happier camper and can achieve my Positive Attitude goal faster when I'm well rested. :)


For now, that's what I've got.
I'm sure our other goals will include better money management.. but that's for a different post at a different time. :)

On that note- I'm going to bed! Working at 9:30am every day has made me a sleepy girl. :)

2 comments:

  1. Your sleep goal will help with your work-out goals. Your body does not function at its best when you don't get enough sleep or get erratic sleep. Getting a full night sleep can help brain function, metabolism, etc which all leads up to having a better work out and often a more positive attitude because you feel better. Also, if you haven't been sleeping well, simply getting regular sleep can help you loose weight. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I can tell you from experience that the first two weeks of getting into it will seriously be hell but STICK WITH IT! That's your body going "What in the HELL are you doing to us?!?" and once it realizes that you're not going to quit it'll adapt and things will get easier.

    ReplyDelete