Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Life after Injury

Tonight is my first practice back from being injured.

I've been off skates for a month.

I still haven't bought new knee pads. (Because I'm broke, duh. lol)

The plan of action for tonight is:
-duct tape my pads in place.
-Use the placebo effect in having Jailhouse Jenny wrap my knee.
-Skate hard, skate fast.
-Maybe vomit.. before or after is still to be determined.

I'm nervous.
I haven't been on skates... I'm afraid I'll be a hot mess, and my skills will have regressed.
I'm afraid I'll get hurt again.
I'm afraid if I get hurt again, I'll be out for a lot longer.

Really, I'm being Melanie, I'm not being New Pound Glory.
Maybe my attitude will change when I put on my tights and Rollerbones shorts and strap on my skates...

I guess we'll see.
But I'm nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment