Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Vegas.

I haven't even gotten to my hotel yet - I've been staying with a dear pal these past 2 days doing, eating and seeing amazing things.

Today I had my first In And Out Burger experience. Ahhhmazing. I was full for, literally, 7 or 8 hours.
Then we went to a show on the Strip - Divas - if you haven't seen it, GO. Hilarious. So fun.
Plus, I love drag queens and gay boys. So, if you love them and good entertainmen, you should definitely go.
(Uh... plus Em got our tickets fo' free. WINNING.)

We came home immediately after to eat the chocolate pie she made this morning.
Best day ever? Probably.

What made it better? Receiving probably the cutest text of my life:
After telling him I never wanted to leave Vegas, he replied:
“Even though you’re reluctant to leave Vegas, may I only ask you set aside your grief momentarily to entertain the idea of a date?”

Super. Adorable.
I, of course, said absolutely.
He's a doll. (If you're reading this, Cute Boy, I hope you enjoy it ;D)

So I guess I actually have to leave Vegas in order to go on said date....

I will say, however, that Vegas is amazing.
The people, the food, the mountains, the Strip...
Everything is awesome. I'm so glad I came.

I told Em about my desire to open a steampunk-themed bakery, and how I worried about the market in Springfield not 'getting it'....
We talked about the serious lack of bakeries in Vegas - I mean, really.. there are zero bakeries here!

Plus, with the decor I'd like to choose, and the take out boxes and such... It would be such a better fit for a bigger, less conservative town...

I love it here. Even the weather is to my liking.
I don't mind the heat when I'm not sweating my balls off for no reason... (ahem, MidWest humidity....)
While we all know that Colorado would be my ideal place to live, Vegas is incredible... And I'm going to seriously consider moving here...
(Mom, if you're reading this - they have culinary school, here, too... And Em is willing to give me her spare room for a bit... So, no worries! I'm not going to pack up and leave immediately!)

BACK TO ROLLERCON....
The convention starts tomorrow, fairly early.
SRG Sister, Brawl Things Considered, is playing in the first bout.
Superdeduper proud of her and I wish I'd be there to watch her... but I have a Harry Potter date with Em!

I've decided to wait for my Riviera roommates to get into town before I start wondering around Rollercon all alone...
(If you know me, you'll know I'm slightly co-dependent - especially in new places/situations.... I always have to have a buddy with me!)
PLUS, my name is not on the room, so I have to wait for them to get here anyway.

So. After a matinee with Em, we'll head to the Riviera to put my crap in my room, show Em around, let Seven Deadly Shins and Em hug it out (Em, Seven and myself are all old friends)... and then probably go to a grocery store to buy food and booze for the week.

I am shocked at how much I'm NOT spending.
Granted, I spent a few dollars on a burger, bought a pair of shorts and a package of black tshirts at Target, and bought a bottle of Lysol, and an overpriced but worth-it giant alcoholic slushie... but for the most part - I've spent a rather low amount.
Yay me! And yay Em for knowing all the tricks of Vegas!

Anyway.
Tomorrow, the convention starts.
I'm sure I'll be a little calmer once I pull on my soffes and strap on my skates....

No comments:

Post a Comment