Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Rollercon!

In just a few days, I will board a plane and head to Vegas for the very first time.
My dear friend, Emmye is rescuing/entertaining me for my first 48ish hours in Vegas - Thank Heavens for her!

For 2 days, I get to relax and enjoy Vegas, the summer, and some quality time with Em.

But Wednesday, the convention starts!
I'm super de duper jazzed that Brawl Things Considered is letting me tag along with her on my first day of Rollercon, since she's an experienced Rollercon dame (and of course, she's wicked awesome). ;D

There are SO many classes I want to take, so many lectures and discussion and round tables, that it gets a tiny bit overwhelming. When do I eat? When do I sleep? How long will I be waiting in lines to get into the classes? :)
BUT. I will be with some of my favorite ladies in (and out) of SRG! Seven Deadly Shins, Shotgun Shell (and her lovely lady, The Haag), and Rusty Razorskates (who will always be an SRG lady at heart, but is now hanging with the ladies of Windy City) will be my roommates for this lovely journey. I couldn't be happier! What a bunch of stellar skaters, people, and friends.

Getting to the point! (I'm especially rambly today...)

People have been finding my blog searching for "Rollercon Checklist"...
So, if you're looking for one, I'm going to give it to you!

I've comprised the suggestions and thoughts of other skaters and my pals who live in/are familiar with Vegas to present to you this glorious list! I hope it helps out :D



ROLLERCON PACKING LIST

Misc Objects
Water bottles
Camelbak
Sunscreen
make up (the regular kind and the derby kind)
hair stuffs (straightener, brush, hairspray, bobby pins, hair ties, headbands...)
shower stuffs
deoderant.
febreeze
ibuprofen
duct tape
medical tape
hoodie
camera
notebook
tiny computer?
zune + headphones (or iPod or whatever....)
zune charger
phone charger
glasses/contacts
contact solution
cash
lotion
tooth stuffs
first aid kit
sunglasses
Lady items (if you need it that particular week...)

Clothes
Black practice shirts
White Practice Shirts
Sports bras
Real bras
SOCKS!
black and blue dress (or whatever you plan on wearing :D)
heels?
shoes (chucks, tennis shoes, flip flops)
jeans
shirts
yoga pants
tights
derby socks
shorts/hot pants
bandanas
swim suit

Gear
2 wristguards *write your name on your shit
2 knee pads
2 elbow pads
helmet
mouthguard
skates
extra wheels
tools

I will more than likely update this until Sunday, in case I forgot anything.

I hope this helps Seven Deadly Shins out - I know she's been waiting for it ;D

1 comment:

  1. I'm a RollerCon newb as well. I can't wait and THANKS for the checklist!

    If you remember--Look for Money Honey from Juneau Rollergirls. I get there early as well.

    ReplyDelete