Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Here's the thing about diets.

Diets work. They do.
People see results almost instantly.

But keeping off the weight and being healthy?
That's not a diet. That's a lifestyle change.

I might've participated in the Roller Derby Workout Challenge for about 8 weeks.
I say about 8 weeks, because it was more like, I participated seriously for about half that time, and for the rest went back to drinking beer and eating what I wanted to eat.

It wasn't time, yet, for me to get serious about this lifestyle change, because I didn't WANT to.
But now it's time to get serious.

I say it's to drop pounds for Rollercon, but it's not that.
While that's a great goal and so is this bikini:

..it's not my ultimate goal.
For my height, I need to be smaller. That's a fact.
I know I'm great, and I know I look good, but I need to be healthier.

So. Operation StopBeingAFatty is in full effect.

Today went like this:

(I slept through breakfast. oops.)

Lunch: Half a turkey sandwich, an apple, string cheese.
Snack: Spoonful of peanut butter, string cheese, an apple.
Dinner: Grilled tilapia, steamed broccoli, brown rice.
Snack: We'll see.

Plus water water water. We haven't had very hard practices lately because we're coming up on drafts really soon, so I haven't been sweating that much, and therefore, my brain thinks I don't need water? I don't know.

But with the additions of Land Practice, Outdoor skating and practices in the park with a possible Sock Derby...


I know I need to lose weight. It's imperative for my healthy and my performance in derby.

In other news... being a Committee Head and a member of the Board is fun, a little overwhelming, but fun, as a rookie.

...I wish I could be at drafts Tuesday :(

No comments:

Post a Comment